Friday, October 8, 2010

CANCER-FREE!!!

This was a big week...

  • 1 month follow-up PET/CT last Thurs, Sept 30th
  • Results w Dr. Marks Mon, Oct 1st
  • Port Removal Wed, Oct 6th
I just wanted to let everyone know everything went well and I AM CANCER FREE!!!  The PET/CT came back clear (with some residual in my lungs left from the Bleo, Dr. Marks listened to my lungs and I'm fine) and the bloodwork was clear as well.  I therefore was able to get my port out as soon as possible, and after the Dr. Marks appointment, we scheduled it 2 days later.  I'm in recovery mode now but recovering just fine!!  I'll post more details of all of the 3 above events at a later time.  

The next stop on my cancer journey is follow-up bloodwork, PET/CT, and appointment with Dr. Marks in 3 months (JANUARY).  I will be getting follow-up periodically for the next 5 years.

SOOO everyone put on their happy dance pants-- TERESA IS CANCER FREE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment