Tuesday, September 21, 2010

CANCER IN STYLE // I WON // VOOOOTE!!

I wanted to say a quick THANKS to Terra of STYLISH WHITE FEMALE for choosing me as one of the winners of a pair of Talbots denim and a $50 gift card!! 

The challenge: come up with an outfit incorporating a favorite pair of jeans and tell a little story about where you're going in the outfit... 

My entry:

I call my look “Neutropenic-friendly Lunch/Shopping”. In February, I was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. I just recently finished 6 months of chemotherapy. During the 6 months, the chemotherapy brought down my neutrophil blood cell count and caused a weakened immune system… aka “neutropenic”. I am permitted to go out in public, but have to be careful to keep a distance from strangers because I don’t know what I could catch from them. My friends and I often go on “neutropenic-friendly lunch and shopping trips” in the non-busy weekday afternoon for some AMAZING retail therapy…the BEST kind of treatment.

I included a few of my purchases in this look that I’ve acquired over the past 6 months that I LOVE to include in my everyday look and will work well into fall. 
PS. I found a lot better deals than what is listed through this site!!

From the Marc by Marc Jacobs handbag (love Marc Jacobs!), to the pearls (always a must for me!), 7 For All Mankind jeans (makes even an out-of-shape cancer patient’s butt look good!), above the knee boots (just bought this amazing Michael Kors pair), a Diane Von Furstenberg scarf (worn on my beautiful bald head), and finally… the Burberry watch that I just received as an end-of-chemo gift from my boyfriend’s aunt. The blouse is absolutely adorable, I don’t own it…but with Polyvore, we can dream. :)

Since diagnosis I continually said…
“IF I’M GOING TO DO CANCER, I’M DOING IT IN STYLE!!” 
I feel like I stuck to my word pretty well.

To read about my entire journey with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, please go to
www.HLteresa.blogspot.com!!

Did I just pull the cancer card?? Yes, I’m pretty sure I did.

So what's next?? I need you to VOTE FOR ME on Red Chair Confessions (Talbots blog) on Sept 23-30th!!  My entry will go head to head against the other winners' entries...  The top 5 contestants with THE MOST VOTES will win a $250 gift card and a "special prize"!!  I need my entire support group to get behind me to help me WIN WIN WIN!  You all have been so great through the whole cancer thing, and I know you won't let me down.  
(I'm not sure if you can vote multiple times.. if so, vote as much as possible.  If not, pleeease tell everyone you know to vote for me!!... actually, tell everyone you know to vote for me, either way!!)

PS. I went to Talbots today to pick out my free pair of denim-- The ladies of Westmorland Mall's Talbots were soooo helpful and fun to play dress-up with... I chose the Signature FIt slim-leg ankle jeans (size 4)!!  They'll go great with boots, flats, or heels-- perfect in my eyes.  I'll definitely be back to visit them when I receive my $50 gift card, and hopefully the mega-prize gift card too (if I win)!!  


PICS FROM PLAYING DRESS-UP:




No comments:

Post a Comment