Monday, May 24, 2010

Nasal hair is ESSENTIAL!!

Chemotherapy acts upon fast acting cells and hair growth is fast acting.. therefore, hair loss is a MAJOR side effect of most chemotherapies.  This is obviously most evident with the hair on your head, but I'm noticing hair loss in other places as well.. especially the hair in my nose!!  One may commonly take these little guys for granted, myself included before they went missing.  This is gross, but I can't look down, move my head too quickly, or stand up without something dripping out of the leaky faucet.  I like to call it "postural runny nose."  While the nasal hair's purpose is to keep debris out of my respiratory system, it seems that my mucus membranes are compensating for the loss and sending a river's worth of fluid out of my nose.  It's just a minor side effect of chemo that didn't cross my mind until it decided to show up a week or so ago.  Bring on the tissue boxes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment