Sunday, August 22, 2010

11 dowwwwwn, 1 to goooooo!!

Ohhh I am so close to being done, thaaank goodness!!!
Before treatment 11, I had a Dr. Marks appointment to kick off cycle 6.  He checked my lungs, checked for any new lumps/bumps (there were none), discussed follow-up once treatment ends, and talked about side effects that I've been experiencing.  

Follow-up game plan: 
  • September 30th: one month follow-up PET/CT and loads of bloodwork
  • October 4th: one month follow-up Dr. Marks appt for results
  • if all clear, port removal scheduled 
  • PET/CT every 3 months for a year or two, then every 6 months, then every year.. up to 5 years.  If all scans come back clear in the next 5 years, I will no longer need follow-up.
The main side effect we discussed was peripheral neuropathy.  Towards the end of treatment it is common for my fingers and toes to fall asleep and feel tingly.. aka neuropathy.  While it is a concern, treatment plans only change if it is consistent, and mine is intermittent.  Hopefully it'll stay that way and won't get any worse.  

After my Dr. Marks appt we went over to Chemoland.  I ate some Togonuts that I picked up the day before.. my favvvorite donuts from the little stand by The Cheesecake Factory on the Southside.   This treatment took a bit longer because the Hillman is changing a few of their processes-- we were there from 11:30 in the morning until about 6 at night.  But other than that,  treatment 11 was pretty good, compared to the others.  Mom and I were laughing to the point of tears over my "chemo brain" trying to play hangman.  I'm not even going to try to explain, but it was ridiculous.  haha. We had a good time.  After the chemo got going in me, I eventually fell asleep and was out basically though the rest of the treatment and the whole way home.  After being home, the recovery time was a bit better this time around.   I was nauseous, but not as bad as usual.  I was actually able to eat something the night after treatment and the day following.. when usually, I am not able to.  Right now I'm a bit tired, I have intermittent neuropathy, and my mouth is sore.. so I've been spending my days watching movies, the perfect way to recover.  :)
neutrophils are back down to 0.8 as pre chemo 11 blood draw...
 big surpirse!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment