Sunday, August 1, 2010

Moving on to double digits!!

That's right my friends, chemo 9 is done done done!! Wednesday will be chemo 10.  Andddd TODAY= one month until my last chemo!! I usually celebrate my birthday for three months, so I really have to think up something special for when this is all over! :)

I called this treatment, "Chemo 9, Jungle Fever." haha all because of the scarf I wore (from Jen-- thanks a ton, dear!) Hey, what can I say, even though you have cancer doesn't mean you can't have some sort of style and humor.  Chemo 9 was similar to the others.. poke, bloodwork, premeds, chemo.. recover, recover, recover.  I'm still hanging on to the very few eyelashes and eyebrows I have.

I also had an appointment with Dr. Marks before chemo.. there was a resident and med student shadowing him that day so we went over all of my history and progress with them during my appointment, explaining every detail that has happened, and why Dr. Marks made the decisions he did along the way.

I also asked if I would be able to go to LKS convention this past weekend (held in Pittsburgh this year) and I WAS CLEARED TO ATTEND!! He said my neutrophils were high enough and I could attend without prophylaxis anyyything.  Of course, I was keeping my distance from crowds, and following the strict neutropenic diet, but it was so good to see all my Tau sisters, Alumni, and the rest of the Lambs from the rest of the world.  I did get tired very quickly and had to skip many events throughout the weekend, but that was expected.  I was so happy I could attend when I did.  Love "ewe" all!! :)



My neutrophils went back down to 1.5.  I knew that 2.5 was too good to be true much longer...
(click on the chart to make it larger!!)

Well kids, Chemo 10 on Wednesday.  Pretty sure I wore my self out this weekend.  I'll be spending the next few days relaxing while emotionally and physically preparing myself for Wednesday's treatment. Take care, and enjoy the Pittsburgh sunshine! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment