Friday, August 27, 2010

PURPLE DAY!!

Hello blog followers, 
This upcoming Wednesday, September 1st is my 
LAST CHEMOTHERAPY!! 
In celebration, I will be wearing my purple wig to treatment, with a purple t-shirt, purple vera bradley bag, purple nail polish, and I'm even bringing in purple cookies for my doctor, nurses, and fellow patients.  Needless to say, I'm pretty excited this part of my Hodgkin's journey is coming to an end.  

Sooo.. I'm declaring September 1st 
NATIONAL PURPLE DAY!!  
(...or at least my super-extensive support group's purple day!!)  

What do I ask of you? 
Dress in your finest PURPLE clothing on WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 1ST and TAKE A QUICK SNAPSHOT of yourself or a group of you and your friends sporting your purple and EMAIL ME THE PICTURE.
(messickt@me.com or messickt@duq.edu)
I plan to collect all of the photos of the amazing support that has kept me positive and motivated through my treatments post all of your smiling faces to my blog.

If someone asks whyyy you're decked out in head to toe purple, pleeeease reply, 
"BECAUSE MY FRIEND TERESA KICKED CANCER'S BUTT!!" 

Thanks for all of the continual support. 
I am the luckiest gal in town to have so many amazing people surrounding me and fighting for me.
Yours truly, 
Teresa

5 comments:

  1. Theresa.... the LLS office will definitely be decked out in purple for you!!!!! - Kira

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found out about this through my Team in Training friends. I'm wearing purple today, too. Congrats on your last chemo and your positive outlook. You will be in my thoughts and prayers as you continue after having kicked cancer's butt!!
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most of the students don’t have time to create a dental school admission essay of the right quality. Here https://neurology.residencypersonalstatements.net/helpful-tips-for-better-ophthalmology-personal-statement-writing/ all the expert are waiting for you to give quality writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nobody is the correct means of writing personal statements within the medical field, particularly within the field of kid neurology. So for your guideline check https://nursing.residencypersonalstatements.net/nursing-essays-writing/ this to know the cause of unsuccess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you want to be a rheumatologist then rheumatology fellowship personal statement is very important. more info here and we can additionally facilitate with multiple steps of the method, work and mentoring you thru the whole application from commencing to submission.

    ReplyDelete