Friday, April 9, 2010

Huber and Whitney are becoming good friends..

On Wednesday, I got my one week post-chemo blood work done.  Of course this was via my AMAZING port.. so easy.  Just one little pinch to my chest with a Huber needle to access "Whitney", my port, and just like that my blood was drawn.  I was instructed to stay around for the results incase my blood levels dropped so low that I needed some blood cell boosters, but all was good.  I was told at my first chemo that my levels would drop to their lowest within 7-10 days of the first chemotherapy.. aka my nadir (pharmacy term that I thought I'd never apply to my life!! hah).  Of course, it is expected that the chemo will lower my blood levels, the question is how low will they drop... Luckily for me, my blood levels were above the normal ranges before I started chemo... so my results post-chemo were substantially lower than pre-chemo, but I was still within the lower end of the normal ranges.  Great news!!  :)

After Steve and I left the Hillman I was reallly in the mood for McDonald's!!  I had a cheeseburger (only ketchup and extra pickle, of course), chicken nuggets, and french fries--- needless to say, I have my appetite back!! wooooo

No comments:

Post a Comment