Monday, April 19, 2010

THE SKY IS FALLING

THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING....
                                         no no silly.  That's MY HAIR!

The start of the hair loss came like clockwork.. 15 days after my first treatment, as my nurse told me.  This past Thursday night when I showered, I noticed a bit more hair than the usual few strands in my hands when I normally shampoo... I knew it was the beginning of the story of the hairless Teresa.  Progressively since then, my hair has been falling out more and more each day.  It started as a few strands falling on my shoulders after combing, or a few pieces in my fingers when I put my fingers through my hair.....but this morning there was plenty on my pillow and more falling on my shoulders each time I move my head too quickly.  Sooo.. I'm sure I'll be taking a trip to the Hillman for dun dun dunnnnnn.. the big shaving of my head!! Am I nervous? Heck yes I am.  But I'm trying to keep positive-- story of my life.  :)

Other side effects of chemo from the 2nd treatment have been, for the most part, the same as the 1st.  Nausea the first 2 days after treatment, constipation, tiredness like nobody's business, and dry mouth.  A new side effect that I experienced this treatment was sore mouth.  This happened Saturday and is a known side effect for each of the drugs that I'm getting.  Thank goodness when I woke up Sunday it was gone and hopefully it won't come back!! I didn't want to eat anything when I experienced this so I'm super happy it went away.

Thanks for all of the continual support!! I consider myself lucky to have each and every one of you in my super extensive support system 

2 comments:

  1. You are in my prayers and a true inspiration for others every step of the way,

    ReplyDelete
  2. you will look fabulous no matter what!!

    ReplyDelete